CMCS SUB TOUR
Tuesday September 24th, 2019
The Navy has rescheduled our tour of their top-secret U.S. Government facility at Bangor Submarine Base in Bangor, WA to Tuesday, September 24th, 2019. Dwain Knollman is coordinating the event.
The tour will depart from the US Naval Undersea Museum, 1 Garnett Way, Keyport, WA 98345, and includes the Trident Training facility and one of their nuclear submarines. The group is limited to 35 and with only a few openings remaining, an early reservation is imperative. Three forms will need to be filled out by each person, as outlined below. All completed forms must be returned to Dwain by September 3rd, 2019. To request the forms email Dwain, by clicking HERE or members can find Dwain's email address on the website directory.
No forms will be accepted after September 3rd.
Requirements for each person:
- Must be a US Citizen and over the age of 11.
- Completed Tour Roster with current last name, first name, date of birth, last four digits of your social security number, confirmation of US Citizenship, Title, e-mail address and contact phone number
- Completed Request for Tour form, signed and witnessed
- Completed, signed, Privacy Statement
The day of the tour, you will be required to bring the following with you, or you will not be admitted:
- 1. Each person must have proof of US Citizenship—US Passport, Birth Certificate or Enhanced WA Driver’s License with them on the tour. Active duty and retired military IDs are not accepted because you do not have to be a U.S. citizen to be in the military.
- 2. If your name has changed due to marriage you will need a copy of the Marriage Certificate or a driver’s license with your current name.
The tour begins at the Naval Undersea Museum at 9:20 AM and lasts until approximately 3:30 PM. Be sure to wear closed toe, comfortable shoes because there will be a lot of walking and climbing up and down 30 foot ladders in the submarine. Be prepared for a long, but very enjoyable day. Lunch will be on base at about $6.50 per person and be prepared to pay your tour leader in cash. All cell phones, Fitbits, cameras, weapons, and anything with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi capabilities MUST be left at home or in your vehicles. Everyone is subject to search on the base, and all electronics will be considered contraband and will be confiscated.
On tour day, we plan to have a caravan to the Museum from Fry’s near exit 5 on I-405 departing shortly after 7 AM. Since the subs are active and the Navy may be required to change the event date, Dwain will keep you informed about possible tour changes.