by Kevin Wilson
Next Adopt-A-Highway Cleanup date is Sunday April
19th. Appropriately this clean-up is during Earth Week. This
is our 22nd year of cleaning this section of I-5, the
Southbound shoulder area near N 175th Street in Shoreline.
We completed our last clean-up on Sunday November 10th
Please consider volunteering and joining us on this fun &
easy community service activity. It takes about an hour and a
half to clean our section with 8 volunteers and 2 drivers. We
typically start at 9:30 am. It's a natural way to get started in one of our many club
Additional drivers needed: The driver duty is the best duty on the cleanup
team as you get to sit in your vehicle out of the weather with appropriate climate
control, and you can listen to your favorite tunes. The rear vehicle needs a 2-inch
trailer hitch receiver to hold a “Road Crew Working” sign to protect us, and both
must carry 5 or more. With enough in the pool you usually serve only once a
year. Please send me an email to volunteer.
In return for our service we get:
- A sign posted along the freeway that identifies CMCS as the volunteer
organization responsible for keeping this section of the freeway clean
Send me an email to join.
- A little fun morning exercise with other CMCS members
- The satisfaction of supporting our community.
- To keep any good items we find (tools, cash, gift cards, other treasures)
- To wear a cool yellow hardhat and orange safety vest
- An opportunity for “brunch” at a nearby restaurant following the clean-up.